What is Passport?
The Passport club is a fun and exciting way for the students to learn the geography of the world. Each month students will be given a passport map to study the current month’s countries from level one to four. They will then be tested at the end of each month to see if they know where the countries are. If they answer each level correctly they get to place a postage stamp into their passport books from different countries. The kids love this.
Each class has been assigned the following levels:
Kindergarten – United States of America
First Grade – Level 1
Second Grade – Levels 1 & 2
Third Grade – Levels 1, 2 & 3
Fourth Grade – Levels 1, 2, 3 & 4
*Passport Club is considered a curriculum requirement so the Passport testing will count towards the student’s grade in Social Studies.
Once you get your map, study with your child. It only takes a few minutes every day and by the end of the month your child will be confident and ready to pass his/her passport test.
There are many different and creative ways to help your child easily learn the new countries.
- Use the map as a place mat and study during or after dinner. Make it into a game.
- Split the map up into 3 sections. Study one section at a time until your child can easily point out each country.
- Once you have gone over the map, use a blank map and have your child point out where the countries are located. Your child will be tested with a blank map.
- On the back of the maps they have the pronunciation for the different countries. Some are pretty tricky, see if you can pronounce them correctly.
- Each evening take the map and point to each country and say the name of that country.
Blank Passport Maps:
CLICK ON AN IMAGE TO VIEW & DOWNLOAD A PDF FILE OF THE BLANK MAP
1st -4th Grade Passport Blank Map
Kindergarten State Map
- Testing Dates for the 2020-2021 School Year
- 9/24, 10/22, 11/24, 12/17, 01/28, 02/25, 03/25, 04/29, 05/27