Welcome, International Students!
With great pleasure, we welcome international students to Northwest Christian High School. The school is in Olympia, located 60 miles south of Seattle, and is the state capital of Washington. The school was founded in September 1995. From the first day, NCHS offers a high standard of education based on biblical principles. Our mission is to develop future Christian leaders.
Northwest Christian High School provides college preparatory academics, a variety of elective classes, competitive sports, and TOEFL preparation. Class sizes are very small, averaging around 20. International students at NCHS are in a safe and secure environment, with many opportunities to practice speaking English.
Admission & Enrollments
Step 1: Print the following International Student forms:
Step 2: After acceptance please complete the following International Student forms:
NCS Physical Form (pdf)
Additional International Student Forms and Information
Completed forms should be sent or emailed to:
Northwest Christian High School - ISP Program
4710 Park Center Ave NE
Lacey, WA 98516
International Student Program Email: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be notified of the application status within two weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where will I live? Northwest Christian High School (NCHS) places students with American Host families and find an appropriate placements to fit each student. International students benefit greatly from the relationships formed with their host families.
- What is the weather like in Washington? Not too hot in the summer; not too cold in the winter. A healthy amount of yearly rain keeps Washington green and beautiful! (find out the actual temperature)
- How can I maintain my F-1 (student) visa status? Once accepted to NCHS, you will be provided with an I-20 form. We will coach you through the immigration process as needed. Your F-1 status will remain in effect for the period of time you are a student at NCHS. This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students.
- If I need help while I'm away from my family, what do I do? NCHS has an International Student Program Director who will help you schedule classes, and will be your liaison between school and your host family. Your host family will be your home away from home. And of course you may keep in touch with your family via e-mail, etc.
- How can I meet and socialize with other students to make new friends? Every year NCHS hosts a back-to-school picnic. That will be your first of many opportunities to get to know your schoolmates. Making American friends will help your English, and is also great fun!
- What about medical insurance? NCHS requires that you have medical insurance during your course of study. Information will be included in your application packet.
- Do I need a recruiting agency? No! You may apply to NCHS directly. No sending agent is required.