Thank you for your interest in employment at Northwest Christian Schools. We invite you to view our openings, apply, and join our caring community.
SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS - HIGH SCHOOL
Northwest Christian High School
- Demonstrate knowledge of content and pedagogy appropriate to student population.
- Set instructional goals directly aligned to the Washington State Standards.
- Conduct their life in a manner which demonstrates spiritual maturity, reflects the purpose and values of the school, and is consistent with the school doctrinal statement (Statement of Faith).
- Incorporate a Christian world view when designing and instructing classroom curriculum.
- Demonstrate godly leadership in the classroom.
- Be a member in good standing of a local church, one having a doctrinal statement compatible with the school’s doctrinal statement.
- Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate academic, technological, and locally relevant resources.
- Design coherent instruction.
- Design appropriate formative and summative assessments.
- Provide fair, equitable, and inclusive opportunities to all students.
- Create a classroom environment of respect and rapport.
- Establish a culture for learning in the classroom.
- Effectively manage classroom procedures.
- Effectively manage student behavior.
- Effectively communicate with all students.
- Use appropriate questioning and discussion techniques during instruction.
- Effectively engage all students in their learning.
- Use assessment within as well as to inform instruction.
- Demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness to enhance learning.
- Make thoughtful and reflective assessments of lesson effectiveness and adjust lessons and instructional strategies accordingly.
- Show professionalism in all manners of speech, dress, behavior, and social media communication.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and appropriate records and files.
- Build trust and promote positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Provide highly engaging lessons utilizing nationally accepted best practices, differentiated instruction strategies, and hands-on and experiential/project-based learning methods.
- Utilize 21st century learning and teaching practices every day in every lesson.
- Inspire and encourage student progress while supporting and strengthening the learning capabilities of each student.
- Effectively prepare students to be successful for real life experiences.
- Provide students with ample practice time to master standards and skills.
- Provide students with focused formative feedback.
- Plan instruction that allows for independent/individual study as well as small group and large group collaborations.
- Pursue innovation and excellence in assignment preparations and implementations.
ADDITIONALLY, THE TEACHER SHOULD BE ABLE TO:
- Describe a philosophy of education and demonstrate its relationship to their practice.
- Understand how students learn and develop and apply that knowledge in their practice.
- Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
- Organize class time to provide a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, work time and assessment.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and–in harmony with the goals- -establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
- Teach students with respect for their individual and cultural characteristics.
- Know their content area and how to teach it.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials and provide individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of pupil.
- Translate lesson plan into developmentally and culturally appropriate learning experiences.
- Use current technology to enhance instruction.
- Use technology for record-keeping and research.
- Apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program.
- Facilitate, monitor, and assesses student learning.
- Evaluate pupils’ academic and social growth; keep appropriate records and prepare progress reports.
- Identify pupil needs, make appropriate referrals, and work with the Response to Intervention Team (RTI) to develop strategies for individual education plans.
- Create and maintain a learning environment in which all students are actively engaged and contributing members.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Create an environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, interest centers, and exhibits of student’s work.
- Work as a partner with parents, families, and the community.
- Take an active role in attending and/or participating in school and community events.
- Communicate regularly with parents by means of newsletters, notes, phone calls, conferences, etc.
- Participate in and contribute to the teaching profession by attending professional development sessions and/or registering for appropriate state-wide trainings and conferences.
- Follow established school policies, rules, and regulations.
- Other related duties as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY
Email the following items to the NCHS Principal, Josh Snyder:
- Completed NCS Faculty Application Packet (PDF)
- Letter of interest
- 2 Letters of recommendation; one must be from a previous/current supervisor
SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS - ELEM. / MIDDLE SCHOOL
Northwest Christian Academy
We are always looking for qualified substitutes.
The teacher shall:
- Conduct their life in a manner which demonstrates spiritual maturity, reflects the purpose and values of the school, and is consistent with the school doctrinal statement (Statement of Faith);
- Be a member in good standing of a local church, one having a doctrinal statement compatible with the school’s doctrinal statement;
- Demonstrate godly leadership in the classroom;
- Be a college graduate with a BA or MA in education;
- Be certificated to teach the subject(s)/grade levels for which they are hired.
Please send your letter of interest, resume and a request for application to email@example.com.
SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS - PRESCHOOL
Northwest Christian Preschool
At Northwest Christian Preschool we provide part-time preschool and Pre-K programs while offering an academic program for each age group (Preschool, for ages 3-4 years & Pre-K, for ages 4-5 years). Our goal is to provide an environment that stimulates the child’s physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social development.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- MERIT account will be required
- Current CPR and First Aid, Blood borne pathogens certificate, Food Handlers, and a TB test within the last year
- Experience working with young children
- Good communication skills
- A team player attitude
- Patient, kind, and caring is a MUST
- Be available on short notice/planned days off
Northwest Christian Preschool is looking for a qualified teacher to guide preschool children as they ease into organized education. The goal is to contribute to the healthy mental, spiritual, social, and emotional development of the children so they can more easily acclimate in the next level of education. At NCP we seek to train up our children in the way of the Lord introducing core values and morals while inspiring spiritual, physical, intellectual, social, and emotional growth. We seek to equip children with a sound spiritual and academic foundation.
Our ideal teacher will have a great love and patience for children. Qualifications needed to teach them effectively include knowledge of preschool educational methods and best practices as well as the ability to engage them and earn their trust and attention. Preschool teachers employ a wide variety of educational techniques; creativity, patience, good communication and interpersonal skills, and physical stamina are important qualities of a preschool teacher. If you enjoy working with kids, sharing your faith, teaching and learning new concepts, and seeing children develop new skills and abilities, teaching with the staff at Northwest Christian Preschool might be the place for you!
How to apply: please reach out to our preschool director, Meredith Purkey, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part Time – As Needed
Application Packet (PDF)
Northwest Christian Schools of Lacey is looking for bus drivers to drive our athletic teams, field trips, and summer camp to various locations within the western Washington footprint. This would be a part-time, as-needed position.
Qualifications include your CDL Class B license with a school bus endorsement. We are looking for a Christian individual who would like to have a ministry driving for Northwest Christian Schools.
All documents are in PDF format and open in a new window.
- Faculty Application Packet
Please fill out for all teaching positions K-12. The high school teaching positions require two (2) letters of recommendation.
- Application Packet
Please fill out for all non-teaching and substitute positions.